Monday, September 14, 2009

It's All Greek To Me

Well yesterday I flew into Thessaloniki, Greece. The flight was only 2 hours and 50 min and I slept the entire way. The night before I woke up at midnight and couldn't fall back asleep. We landed on time and thought I was going to be able to go right to the apartment, but no. We had to sit in the airport for 3 hours waiting for the rest of the people to fly in. Once I settled into the apartment some of us went around the town to find some food. That is when I had my first gyro. It was amazing and only coast my 2 euro! Being in a city with millions of people is a bit different than back home in North Dakota. The people are loud and they are very crazy drivers. It seems that there is no rules when it comes to parking. People pull up on the curbs and medians to fit in the tightest spots. This morning I woke up at 11 o'clock to go get breakfast and some food for the place. Food is really inexpensive here. I bought a fresh loaf of bread for .6o euro and a liter of water for .80 euro. It was amazing! Overall I spent 27 euro on food today, which includes some groceries for the week. I still have to buy some cooking utensils but I think I have the basics right now. It is going very well over here and am having a great time. Well that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment