Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Night Walk

So tonight Jordan and I took a walk to the waterfront thinking we would be able to get some good night video of Thessaloniki. It just so happened that we got more than we expected. From the White Tower we walked to Aristotle Square where a rally for one of the political parties was being held. It was very intimidating to see hundreds of people in the square using blow horns and waving the party flag. It was a site to see! We got up the courage to brave the rowdy crowds and went into the festivities with our camera. It seemed like the entire town was out. Young and old everyone was partaking in the event. It reminded me like a street fair of sorts. Along the sides of the square vendors were selling food and trinkets. It was one big party. I didn't understand the message, but I could feel the enthusiastic emanating from everyone around me. So I will have some good video of not only the rally but of the city soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment