Saturday, September 19, 2009

My first week's experience

Well it has been one week in Greece and I am loving every minute of it. I have finally started to feel comfortable walking around the city. I have seen many ancient ruins, experienced the 'tavernas' (taverns), and sampled many of the great foods that Thessaloniki has to offer. On Tuesday I went to the beach right outside of the city where a few of my roommates were asked to join a Greek family for dinner/lunch. It was about 3 o'clock and we were starving. So of course we said yes. Until 7 we ate and drank with our new Greek family. It was a great time and had fun singing(well listening) to Greek music. They way they drank their wine was different. They poured coke into it. Surprisingly it was delicious and from now on I think I will have to have some coke with my wine.
Yesterday we took a field trip to Vergina, the grave site of Alexander the Great's father Phillip. We learned of the rise and fall of the great family and also viewed beautiful sculptures and artifacts from his tomb.
This weekend I have been at school. There is a 'digitale' workshop that is mandatory to attend. It is one of two weekends that I will not be able to take in the night life here in Thessaloniki. Actual class starts on Monday, so I will need my rest for this up comming week. I finally slept through the night for the second time so I am getting aclamated to the time difference. Greece is a blast! Peace out

1 comment:

  1. the pictures are interesting keep posting and writing we look every day to find new information on your adventure. you look like you are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete